The Department of Communities and Local Government has produced a proposed Code of Recommended Practice for Local Authorities on Data Transparency. The Government wants to increase transparency through publication of open and reusable data enabling taxpayers to see how local authorities are using public money. Warminster Town Council wishes to follow the Code as published and will arrange for the following information to be loaded onto its website to become accessible to its readers:
- Grants and payments under contract to the voluntary community and social enterprise sector clearly itemized and listed
- Senior salaries which are above £58,200 - the Council has no staff earning a salary in excess of this figure
- An organizational chart of the staff structure
- Councillors' allowances and expenses - Claimed monthly up to a limit of £1000 by the Mayor/Deputy to
cover expenses related to official duties.
- Copies of contracts and tenders to businesses and to the voluntary community and social enterprise sector
- Committee minutes - these are uploaded onto a different part of the website.
- Expenditure over £500 including costs, supplier and transaction information.
Paper copies of this information are available from the Civic Centre on request.