The Town Council have delegated the consideration of grants to its Finance & Assets Committee who will consider applications once a year. Adverts are placed in the Warminster Journal at the appropriate time. Submissions for 2013 are being considered in July 2013. Thereafter the appliciaiton process will not re-open again until 2014.
Payment of any grant awarded will be made in September each year.
Please get in touch to discuss any questions you may have on the process.
For 2013, please submit your application by May 31st 2013.
The criteria for any group to apply is:
- There will be direct benefit to Warminster or part of the area or to some or all of its inhabitants
- That the direct benefit which will accrue to the area or inhabitants will be commensurate with the amount of expenditure.
- That, with the exception of disaster fund appeals, no grants will be made to national based organisations unless they can show the proportion of direct benefit to the residents of Warminster.
- Grants will only be made to individuals in exceptional circumstances.
- The grant application must be applied for by an authorised member of the charity or organisation.
- Capital requests are preferable to revenue requests.
- Only one grant per organisation will be given in any one council year and this will be limited to £2,000 per applicant. The council year runs 1st April - 31st March.
Olympic Legacy Fund
In addition to the normal grant process above, there is an additional £10,000 available in the Olympic Legacy Fund for new sports groups or existing sports groups who wish to expand. This fund is to encourage greater grassroots participation in sports as a legacy from the Olympic and Paralympic Games. There is no deadline for applications, which will be considered at the bi-monthly Finance & Assets Committee meetings and paid within the following month subject to there being sufficient funds. Download the Aims and Objectives and the Application Form here.